The following is an excerpt from BMC support site on KM-000000011324:

"

Assuming the domains are part of a forrest, then LDAP can refer to each
of the individual domains.
They need to identify the host name and BaseDN to use. Currently (as of
version 6.0.1), there is no way to configure the AREA LDAP plugin to
look to multiple LDAP Servers that are in different forests.

Microsoft's Support site has some information on this subject.. See
article-224543 at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224543
Also see a pretty good document, article-241737, Creating a
Cross-reference to an External Domain:

"