From a design standpoint, you don't want to get into the business of
duplicating data.  Your data just ends up turning into a mess and
simple operations like updating the profile of a set of users ends up
being a resource intensive operation.  Not only that, it bloats your
applications.

From a maintenance perspective, you don't want to get into the
business of customizing the out of the box workflow, simply because
it's something you HAVE to own when you do an upgrade.  I emphasize
HAVE because that workflow you customized to do what you want will
surely change or cease to exist when you do an upgrade.

If you can get away with it, create a view field on the HD form, then
create a set of active links that populate the data when someone views
or creates a ticket. You can make it more aesthetically appealing
using this method as well.  Now if only the arodbc driver were up to
par, you could join people and hd to get that fax number in a report;
unless I gave up on the odbc driver before that, and similar, core
capabilities were added...

Axton Grams