________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas, Henry
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Open Excel doc from a Command Line process

**

Hello ARSList

I am rewriting several "hard coded" functions on the system I have
inherited. The latest is a Run Process command to open Excel a user
maintained spreadsheet. The current working Command Line in the Run
Process action is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
\\servername\drive\folder\filename.xls

I need to rewrite this to function for multiple versions of excel not
just from the OFFICE11 install directory. I have tried many interactions
with no success even some that work from Start Run in windows but not
from the User tool. TIA

Thanks

Henry

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this message
or any attachments to this message are intended only for the person(s)
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material as well as being protected from disclosure. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material
from any computer. __20060125_______________________This posting was
submitted with HTML in it___