-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 8:28 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: How to delay a change fields

Shawn,

Well... you could try to refresh the table immediately... then also add
an "on interval" active link to try it again in a few seconds. (I think
three is the shortest limit.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 7/30/07, Pierson, Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
>

> Good morning folks,
>
> I'm trying to fix the ITSM 7.0 Change Request module's approvers tab.

> When you add an approver, you have to manually hit the Refresh button,

> which often leads my users to believe that the approver was not added.
>
> In normal circumstances, the way you fix this is by setting up your
> active link to have Action #1 Open Dialog, Action #2 Change Field to
> refresh the table after you close the dialog box.  Unfortunately, BMC
> chose to use a Run Process command to add the approver, which means
> that there is a delay between when the user hits save and the dialog
> closes, and when Remedy actually creates the approval record.
>
> So what I'm trying to do is to find a good way to do the refresh, but
> after waiting a second or two.  I've considered some ideas that sound
> bad to me, such as popping up a box saying, "Your Approval is being
> processed" every time, which forces the user to hit "OK" and gives
> Remedy enough time to create the approver.  However, this would really

> annoy my users and be about as bad as approvers not showing up after
> you add them.
>
> So any other suggestions?  How have others who have implemented ITSM 7

> gotten around this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn Pierson
> 5444 Westheimer Rd
> Houston, TX 77056
> (713)989-7226 Private and confidential as detailed here. If you cannot

> access hyperlink, please e-mail sender.
> __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML
> in it___

the Answers Are"