That was actually the part that confused me the most.  From the
Integrating manual (pg 82):
----------
Chapter 6 - Web Services
Java runtime environment considerations
AR System web services require that the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on
the system running BMC Remedy Administrator.

If you install the JRE before you install or upgrade the AR System server,
the AR System server installer will automatically update your ar.cfg file
and set your PATH.  If you install JRE after installing the AR System
server, either reinstall the server, or add the following lines to your
ar.cfg file (default location: C:\Program Files\AR System\):
----------

The 1st paragraph says the Admin tool needs it.  Then the 2nd paragraph
starts referring to the Server, and of course only gives direction for a
Windows server - no mention of Unix.  It makes sense that server needs it
to consume web services, but I don't see where the manual states that.

Anyway, the Email engine requirement is enough for me to proceed.

Thanks,
Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"Davies, J.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/02/2007 11:10 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: JRE Requirement for ARS Server?

**
I believe you need it if you want to consume other' published web
services.......?

J.T.