I was able to get this to work with your help.

thank you for the suggestions, I truly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Michael Hirst

Thilo Stapff wrote:
First, the name parameter should rather be
    name   => $attname,
than
    name   => @attname,

Second, the ars_CreateEntry function, unlike ars_SetEntry, doesn't have a "getTime" parameter. So this should look like

$entry_id = ars_CreateEntry($ctl, $hdform,
                    $fields{'Attachment1'}  => $hAttachStruct);

instead of

$entry_id = ars_CreateEntry($ctl, $hdform, 0,
                    $fields{'Attachment1'}  => $hAttachStruct);

Since you are determining the attachment size via length(), I assume that $attachment contains the actual data, not the name of an attachment file. In this case you have to use

   buffer => $attachment,

intstead of

   file => $attachment,

Regards,
Thilo Stapff

Michael Hirst wrote:
Hello Listers,

I am running, ARS 6.3, Oracle 9.2, Sun OS.

and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for using perl to save attachments to Remedy. I am using perl to parse incomming emails and then save the information to a Help Desk 6.3 ticket.

I am using the MIME::parser, Entity, Body and ARSPerl to do this and everything works great except for one thing, attachments. Without the attachments I am able to save and update just fine.

I have yet to figure out how to get the attachments to save to a ticket.
I can parse out everything, I can even grab the filename, filesize, file, but when I go to try to add it to the attachment field, it just fails. I have searched these archives, the web, and permonks and have found alot of great information that got me this far.

I have tried just submitting the file, or filename, tried using a simple struct to submit the file,fname, and size, and variations thereof with no luck.

Can anyone suggest something.

At this point my code is something like(changes as I test):

$hAttachStruct = {
            name   => @attname,
            file   => $attachment,
            size   => length($attachment),
        };

Creating the ticket I am using at the moment:

$entry_id = ars_CreateEntry($ctl, $hdform, 0,
                    $fields{'Attachment1'}  => $hAttachStruct);

I have played with many variations of this theme, but am missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
Michael Hirst
University of Arizona
CCIT, Computing and Network Support