Hello list.

It's been a while since my last post.  I've been in the .NET world for a while.

I just wanted to post my ordeal in trying to get LDAP over SSL going.

I am using LDAP without SSL currently. I have been struggling for weeks trying
to get SSL going.
After much correspondence with BMC support, logs, patches etc. I finally was
able to get the certificate imported into the cert7.db file. It seems like
black magic.  However, to test it I was never able to verify it by navigating
in Netscape to the LDAP server because of an authentication window that pops up
when I navigate to the LDAP server. I tried my credentials, the distinguished
name and password, I even had the AD admin try to login.  No go. Can't get past
the dialog box. The AD LDAP server is Windows 2003. I found a 2000 LDAP server
online that I was able to connect to without authentication and download the
certificate via Netscape. Documentation would have been great if we were
running 2000 AD.  Seems there are some changes in 2003. Anyway, every time I
enable SSL the arplugin dies and core dumps. Nice. I have an open issue/ticket
with BMC and it is currently escallated to level 3 support.  I am awaiting a
debug version of the plugin with additional logging for additional testing.

I can understand everyones frustration with this functionality as the
documentation is very poor. It was 2 weeks in coorespondance before I finally
got a good document from support to import the certificate.

We are persuing PCI compliance and ssl ldap authentication is a requirement or
so I'm told.

Does anyone have LDAP/SSL working on the following environment?

Connecting to: 2003 Active Directory - LDAP

ARS 6.3 Patch 22
Solaris 10
Oracle 10g

Thanks in advance.