Don answered your licensing question, I'll take the one about Oracle /
Linux.  I've been working in a Unix / Linux environment for the last 10
years.  So while I haven't had recent experience with window's platform, I
think what I have to say on the subject is still true.

Installing, administrating on Windows is probably easier than Linux,
especially if this is your first time.  When you install Remedy on a Linux
server there are a lot of gotchas.  For example you have to have all your
environmental variables are setup correctly, failure to do that will
result in loss of sanity.  :)  The install scripts are not consistent from
one app to another.  Then there's the question of root/ nonroot
installation.
All that aside, once you have a Linux server up and running  I think its
fairly stable, fast and scalable.

So if you go the Linux route, make sure you have a good knowledgeable SA
(Systems Admin) to assist you and between the SA, ARList you should be ok.

Oracle you're already familiar with so no need to expand on that.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Administrator
Avon
(914) 935-2946

Don Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/16/2007 09:22 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Requesting Advice

**

Angelina,

You have opened up a can of worms.  I will try to answer one of you
questions.  You can have Approvers that have only Read license.  They do
not require a fixed or floating in other words.  If you want them to be
able to view the changes they will need Infrastructure Change Viewer or
Infrastructure Change Submit depending on your goal.  For change you have
several Group Permissions you can give that require license.  CM Dashboard
User, Infrastructure Change Config, Infrastructure Change Master,
Infrastructure Change Submit, Infrastructure Change User and
Infrastructure Change Viewer.  The only ones that need a fixed or floating
license is Config, Master or User.  I hope this helps.

Don