Is that the latest version of Tomcat? I thought 5.5.17 was..

Joe
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of patrick zandi
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:44 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: WS2003 SP2 (AND Tomcat 5.5.17)

  **
  Tony,
  you could bump that tomcat up right ?
  5.5.23 ?

  On 8/21/07, Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I can't speak to workflow causing issues in Mid-Tier, but the
tcnative.dll
    issue is that Tomcat *sometimes* ends up eating 100% of 16 cpu's
    indefinitely.

    The dll is located in the tomcat\bin directory and is tcnative.dll

    Removing or renaming the dll fixes the CPU usage issues.

    I haven't had any other "weird" issues with Apache + Tomcat + Mid-Tier +
    RKM though.  (Sometimes I think I might be the only one!)

    hth,
    tony

    --
    Tony Worthington
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Joe DeSouza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG >
    08/20/2007 02:32 PM
    Please respond to
    arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

    arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
    cc

    Subject
    Re: WS2003 SP2 (AND Tomcat 5.5.17)

    **
    Hello Tony,

    Can you elaborate a little more on how you experience these crashes and
    with which DLL? And what you did to resolve it?

    I am on W2K3SP2 here and using Tomcat Version 5.5.17.

    While an OnCall schedulling application that I had built runs as
designed
    on the native Remedy User Tool, certain actions seem to crash Tomcat.
    Restarting Tomcat sometimes seems to resolve the issue but at times it
    calls for a server reboot.

    The operation is a simple set fields from another form on selection of a
    Menu item from a character menu.

    Joe