Thanks for the kind words, I was just the first to respond, there are
many others here that have the same understanding of the ITSM4/5/6/7
"guts".

The lack of a proper data-dictionary for the V4/5/6/7 products has been
the "Learning Factor" for all administrators. Before good analysis
tools, it was the school of hard-knocks - ActLink+Filter logging and go
"press the button" so to say... This is also the case for V7, a limited
dictionary exists but it is not complete from what I have noticed.

In both Pre-7 and 7 ITSM there are "Core Forms" like in V6 SHR:People
which is now CTM:People in V7 (the rename was just to keep us on our
toes..). Then the Applications (Incident / Change / ..) all ride
logically "on top of" these, because without the foundation a pillar
cannot be built. (unless you happen to reside in the town of Pisa :) ..)

So short of using some form of "Workflow Documenter Toolset" (Panacea,
RRTools, BMC Tools, Master Suite..) you also will be forced to either
ASK or TRACE...

Maybe one of the BMC Insider'ers has some "internal documentation" but
nothing comes WITH the product(s) that would be of assistance in this
area :(

Thanks-n-advance;
HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912