Bruce,

First a bit of house cleaning... A new question gets a new subject. :)

I think you have a few choices to make.

A) The Init-Form will work for User Tool clients. But last I looked it
is not supported by the Mid-Tier. ( Then again... the solution you
have does not work on the Mid-Tier either.)

B) A user can alter their "Home Page" ARS form, but they can not alter
the admin configured Init-Form.

C) If you think you will have a need for the COMPUTERNAME value in
later workflow then you might also opt for a Global scoped field so
that once the value is set, you do not repeat the operation. And you
only have to add the Global field to any form that you want to have
the value accessible to work flow. (no other Set Field/Open Window
actions either.) So you could add the same active link to all forms
that you care to have this value and only do the look up on the first
form that the user opens.

I hope that helps provide you with a bit of background on the topic.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach