With the arrival of ITSM7 it seems to me that the amount of customisation
being demanded is very small it doesn't matter so much anymore whether pre
or post fixes are used.

In my experience BMC upgrades do enable disabled objects so it's necessary
to have a method of disabling them again later. Maybe ITSM patches no
longer do this?

Then there are the issues with customised workflow in guides which also
get corrupted by upgrades.

Upgrades continue to be a painful process and what I'm seeing on the list
about how the P5 upgrade works isn't going to reduce the stress.