-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: how to read the whole content of a drop-down menu

** Have you tried pulling the file that your menu reads from into an
unlimited length, display only field and then using string functions
(such as STRSTR) to find if the value entered is in the list? If that doesn't work maybe a run process utilizing grep or find?
Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"Serouche Rahimpour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> 09/04/2007 08:33 AM Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG cc
Subject
Re: how to read the whole content of a drop-down menu

I just tried with $MENU$ and the browser (because it has to be on the web) returns $MENU$ in the field.
I checked afterwards in the Admin tool. It has corrected $MENU$ for
"$MENU$"
Another idea ?

Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE wrote:
I'm not sure if it works with menus built from external files, but
have
you tried $MENU$?