"Where's my flying car?"

Available as of last month:
http://www.moller.com/news.htm
-------------
The M200 Volantor Becomes A Viable Product

As the Rotapower® engine enters high volume production for a variety of
applications, we believe its unit cost will fall dramatically.  The
engines are the most expensive components in the M200 so as engine
production ramps up, the costs of the M200 are expected to decline.

Initially we expect to sell the M200G for prices between $95,000 and
$145,000 depending on options.
-------------

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"Tim Widowfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
09/09/2007 03:29 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: JDBC ARDBC Plugin

Jarl,

I agree that SOAP is the hottest integration technology when it comes to
sharing data between enterprises, but I think there are still cases where
in-house you might want the tighter integration and sheer convenience an
ARDBC
JDBC plug-in could give you.

It's astonishing how many organizations are still, after all these years,
relying on nightly CSV dumps from external databases.  Where's that
single,
enterprise-wide, federated, distributed database they promised us back in
the
90's?  And where's my flying car???

--Tim

--- Jarl Grøneng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For me it would be nice 5-10 years ago, but today almost all of the
> integration are done aplication - application(and also trough
> middleware), and not to the databases. SOAP and J2EE rules the
> integration at the moment...
>
> --
> Jarl
>
> On 9/8/07, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > With the new java based plugin server introduced in 7.1, can I get a
> > show of hands in who would the interested in a jdbc driver implemented
> > as an ARDBC plugin?
> >
> > Seems that a generic implementation would allow access to any remote
> > db that provides a jdbc driver (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, LDAP, MS Access,
> > SQLLite, PostgreSQL, Domino, DB2, etc.).
> >
> > Seems the targets could be almost endless.
> >
> > Axton Grams

the Answers Are"

***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.***