  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Thad K Esser
  Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 12:10 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: Question: Finding Text

  **
  Based on what you said about the text always starting with "Street
Address:", you could also use something like:

          ztmpfield = LTRIM(REPLACE($AddressField$,"Street Address:",""))

  Takes care of it without any other string manipulations.  Or since you
know the text "Street Address:" is always going to be 15 characters, and
always going to be at the beginning of the string you could do:
          ztmpfield = LTRIM(SUBSTR($AddressField$,15))

  The LTRIM clears any whitespace that might show up between the colon and
the start of the data.  It might not be necessary depending on what is
generating this (i.e., whether or not you know it will be there).

  Thad Esser
  Remedy Developer
  "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

        "Tyrone Dee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
        09/08/2007 10:33 AM Please respond to