Three words:  Don't.  Buy.  Trouble.

If what you have is working, and there's nothing in the patch worth risking
a smoothly operating system, I'd hold off until there's a need to upgrade.
At that, I would wait about 2 weeks after a patch is released - if it's
still out there after then, it's probably going to stay there.

Keep Admin and Server synced up as closely as is possible.

Mid-Tier can be a version above AR Server if necessary - the last couple of
versions have been helpful in that way.

Rick