I'm hoping for help with a bug in 7.0.1 where the Expand Box is now
visible on all Submitter (2), Assigned To (4), and Modified By (5)
fields. The installer changed all these fields to 254 characters so they
can hold the new longer usernames. The side effect is all these fields
that had an Expand Box setting of "Default" are now showing the Expand
Box since the field is now over 69 characters. This causes the field to
overlap other fields next to it on almost all of our forms.

I want to hide the Expand Box without manually modifying all 3 fields on
every view of every form (that's thousands of modifications and hundreds
of form migrations I hope to avoid). I've looked in field_dispprop to
see which substring may reference that setting. I used a test field and
set it to all three values (Default, Hide, Show) and compared its
propLong value. There were a handful of substrings that differed, but
only one of them seemed to be consistent with other fields on other
forms that have the same Expand Box setting. This substring was:

"...\231\6\0\..."   (Default)

"...\231\6\1\..."   (Hide)

"...\231\6\2\..."   (Show)

I tested this manually by changing the value in SQL and then cycling AR
Server. Oddly, the Expand Box was then hidden in Remedy Admin but
visible in Remedy User. I even looked at the cached .arv file on my
client machine and it clearly showed "...\231\6\1..." for that field. So
there must be something else that makes this setting work. Does anyone
know a way to do this? And does anyone know where all of those field
display properties are documented?

Thanks,

Chad Hall  | A c x i o m  I n f o r m a t i o n  S y s t e m s

501-342-2650 office | 501-472-1379 wireless | 501-342-3911 fax
301 E. Dave Ward Drive | Conway, AR 72032 | USA | www.acxiom.com

ACXIOM(r)   WE MAKE INFORMATION INTELLIGENTTM

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.