        -----Original Message-----
        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Watson, Benjamin A.
        Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:20 AM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Remedy KM underTomcat

        **

        List,

        For grins, we're testing Remedy MidTier 7.1 as we've been told
by BMC support that it is the fastest (most efficient) version to date.
Up to this point, all of our MidTier installations have been as follows:

        *       Windows Server 2003 Standard
        *       IIS6
        *       MidTier
        *       ServletExec (installed with the MidTier)
        *       RKM under ServletExec

        MidTier 7.1 ships with Tomcat rather than ServletExec.  I assume
that Tomcat is used over ServletExec for the performance increase, but
this introduces a slight learning curve for me as I'm only familiar with
administering ServletExec.

        I created a clean Windows 2003 installation in a virtual machine
and ran the MidTier installer.  After the installation, I tested and all
was well.  Now, onto RKM.

        I installed RKM 7.1 as I've done in the past and made sure to
select Tomcat as the servlet engine.  The installer finished without
error.  However, when trying to test (http://localhost:8080/rkm), I get
a Page Not Found error.  I tried again without the port number (as to
default to port 80) and still get a page not found.  I attempted to
launch the Tomcat manager via one of the shortcuts created during the
install, and see yet another Page Not Found, only this time it isn't the
classic browser 404 error, it is an Apache-style page saying the
application isn't even there.

        I redeployed the 1098 RKM war file by replacing the existing war
file to see if that would help.  No dice.  I enabled debugging in the
RKM config file and set it to the finest grain of detail (level 3), and
restart the web server and Tomcat.  When looking at the Tomcat logs, I
can see that RKM is starting up and reports success, but I can't access
it via the web.

        Any ideas?

        Thanks,

        Ben