Depends on the version of the apps you are using.  With the 7.x apps,
since a deployable app is used, the api does expose license
utilization information.  With previous versions of the apps, this can
only be guesstimated based on form access (open, query, submit, etc.)
tracked using regular workflow.

Axton Grams