We've had an issue open with BMC for a couple of weeks now because we
could not get a license applied on our Red Hat 5 server.  As you know,
you have to use the User tool to apply licenses in 7.1.  We'd input the
information, get a warning that the key was not valid for the server,
then a conformation that "BMC herby grants use of..." making it look
like it was accepted.

We found out it wasn't when we tried to install Incident and the def
file for City was failing because of the 2000 max record limitation.

BMC sent a few different keys, none of which worked.

Today, a BMC rep asked if we had tried using the admin tool to apply the
licenses.  I told him I had tried our 6.3 admin tool and got the same
error.  He said he had done it with the 7.0.1 admin tool and it worked,
so we downloaded it and they took.

Apparently there is some sort of bug with Linux servers and the user
tool licensing.  If anyone is planning to upgrade to 7.1 on a Linux
server, remember to keep a copy of the 7.0.1 admin tool around until
there's a patch for this.

Chris Moore