-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Peter Romain
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 3:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: EIE vs. arimportcmd flat file import performance

Joe,

If you look at the log files generated it:
- parses the flat data flat file
- gets the .tbl file containing the data mapping definition
- does some analysis of each field in the data mapping definition
- does some analysis of each field in the CMDB that is referred to
- creates the records in the CMDB

The analysis takes place for each record in the data file.

It's a few months since I was last involved in this but the precessing
seemed unnecessarily thorough at the time.

Interestingly, we could have used CMDB web services which was much faster
(similar to the Import Tool)

Cheers

Peter

Checked by AVG Free Edition.