We had a same situation here when users started
getting this error and on checking had found that we
had ran out of floating licences....one of those
days..
Usually "licence not available" error pops up but
strangely we got the ARERR 330 mssg. On granting
floating licence to such users, the error did not pop
up again.

Hope this helps..
Thanks,
Mohan