________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jase Brandon
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 4:51 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: How to refresh a window a user has open?

**
Hello All,
I have a form with a bunch of read write fields set to read only, until
another external ticket number is set through a push fields, then have
workflow that opens those read write fields set to read only, back to
read/write. But I can't figure out how to do this while the user keeps
the window open.

Ex. User submits task, may take up to 1 minute for external source to
update and send back a ticket number, the requirement is to lock certain
fields until the end user receives an external ticket number, then
unlock. My Problem is they want to sit there with the same screen open
and have this refreshed without refreshing search, without selecting the
modify button, etc. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I have
exhausted everything I know to do... so I won't list every crazy
experiment I have tried today. Much thanks in advance!

Jase Brandon

Remedy Administration/Development

Customer Support Systems Group

Desk - (615) - 320-4494