Actually, they sort of do.  If you use the %Interface_Create forms as
staging forms going into ITSM 7, you can more easily determine and enforce
data validation rules without recreating the wheel.  Going from 7 to 6 would
be easier, because there are fewer rules in 6, and they are more obvious,
though your workflow would have to be custom-built.

Rick