I'm curious about the part where you said the "escalation queue gets
held up and brings down the server".
Are you saying your entire AR Server gets hung during or after a failed
web service call?

I've seen this before on my dev and test servers, but never in
production. It seemed to happen randomly after certain types of
connection problems to the web service, but only if I had plugin logging
enabled and Plugin-Log-Level set to 100. If I changed the logging level
or disabled plugin logging it didn't hang AR Server. This was a while
back, so I wonder now if using Plugin-Filter-API-Threads in ar.cfg might
have prevented it. I didn't know about that at the time.

This isn't helping you handle errors but if you are having server hang
issues it might help.

Chad Hall
(501) 342-2650