> BMC Software Employee: Beyond The Call Of Duty: David Easter

I'm very honored to have received this award as a "rookie" to ARSList.
My entire reason for jumping into the list without the express, written
consent of BMC was to try and bridge that gap between official channels
and the informal community of AR System users.  In fact, as a technical
support engineer at a previous company, I ran an internal majordomo
alias that linked employees together and had a backend search function
just like ARSList, so I know the value of getting a quick answer to
simple questions.  As the ancient proverb says:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day.
 Teach a man to use a search engine, and he'll be able to Google the
nearest fish market."

In all serious, though, I'm overwhelmed by the positive response I've
received - both in winning this award and from all the people who have
come up to me in person at UserWorld.  I hope to continue to provide
what information or assistance I can through this list for years to
come.

Thank you all.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.