-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:22 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Notification method for ParentChild ticket.

Hello Listers,
ARS 6.3
MS SQL Server 2000

Just asking for a sanity check.

I am working on a change to a home grown Helpdesk. During the creation
of the ticket there are about 5 - 10 child records created that get
concatenated into the Problem Details field.
I need to send a notification but we are limited in the number of
characters that we can send to the Verizon cell phones. I need to send
only the child information that is selected by the operator during the
submission process.

The child records are stored in another form and linked by a GUID.
The quickest fix that I can think of is to add a field that will hold
the notification text and populate that at submit time and send it. I
was thinking I could use a DO field to cut down on redundancy of stored
data.
Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me