Hi Everyone,

In the last couple of weeks we have had a rash of Crystal report errors with
various users.  They are reports generated by clicking on a button and a
couple of active links run.  One AL provides a display form for parameters,
the second AL contains the Run Macro with the query macro and the Crystal
Report.rpt file.  These actually have been working fine for years and when
we upgrade to ARS v7 last June I upgrade the Crystal Reports as necessary to
CR v11.  Been working fine for months.

Then with what seems no provocation, other than I attended BMC UserWorld,
the users started seeing the 1904 error on 'some' reports, not all reports.
No changes to the system.  We've cleared cache, checked ODBC driver config,
checked Use Underscores is checked, everything appears fine.   I've even
created new ALs to replace the original ones.

I also had the errors but now do not.  I think it was because I
install v7.1user tool in separate folder, still got the error, then
went back to
v7.0.1P3 user tool and didn't get the error.  Very little logic to that
fix.  I have logged into another person's PC and received the error even
though I didn't get it on mine.

Which really leads me to the ODBC driver itself.  What is different about my
PC and someone else's?  We're going to be doing some clean installs and more
experimentation.

Our support provider found the following bug reports which seem to fit our
situation.  The prognosis does not sound good.  We're also going to try the
v7.1 user tool.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen these symptoms and how did you cure
it.

Thanks for your help,
Susan

SW00277690

User is getting error "An error occurred while generating the Crystal
report: 0x80047e44 - The table " could not be found.
(AREER 1904)

Regression problems in user tool 7.0.1 patch 001,002,003 and 004. This is
the problem with user tool 7.1 also.

ARERR 1904, this problem is mainly comes with ODBC DLL.

Most of the customer are getting ARERR 1904 with user tool 7.0.1 patch 001
OR patch 002  OR 003 OR 004
while running the crystal reports.

Re-installing the user tool has helped.  Also ensuring that the user DSN is
pointed to the
right server has also resolved this problem.

It works most of the times but we have some issues after applying this
workaround still they are getting problem.

We have lot of US tickets which releated this ARERR 1904. We got almost 45
issues in 3 months related this problem.

SW00228569
Receiving "An error occurred while generating the Crystal report: 0x80047e44
- The table ''
could not be found. (ARERR 1904)"

Report runs on User tool 6.3 (Patch 003).
Report also runs on PC that has Cyrstal Designer installed, but gets error
on PC's that don't have it installed.

SW00253745

An error occurred while generating the Crystal report: 0x80047e48 -
Logon failed. (ARERR 1904)

Susan Palmer

ShopperTrak

ARS v7.0.1P3