Hi Listers
I've built a query using openquery that queries an oracle view from my
ARSystem on SQL Server 2005

This doesn't work:
select * from openquery(STG,'select *
from USER.HOUSEHOLD_VIEW
where HOUSEHOLD_ID = ''$Email Address$'')

Produces this error:
ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database : The ROLLBACK
TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION. (SQL Server
3903)
The preceding message occurred during the execution of active link Retail
Help Desk - SQL  -- action 1. (ARNOTE 1101)

If I change the (= ''$Email Address$'') to (= ''[EMAIL PROTECTED]'') it works
fine. I'd ultimately like to use (LIKE ''$Email Address$'' + ''%'') but just
can't get the syntax correct.

Is there anyone with this kind of experience that can help me figure out the
correct syntax?

Thanks
Brooks