-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Simon Beckman
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Linked Servers and view forms

Hi all,

I previously posted a request for help with view forms, which i will
repeat below...  However, i have discovered an extra piece of info. that

may help you to help me.  It appears that the view form can only
recognise
interga fields in the sql server view i am connecting to!

Any more ideas?

Many thanks.

Simon.

Repeat of previous request:-
 am trying to create a view form using ARS 6.3 and failing. Any help
greatfully received.  Here is the story....

There is a View in an SMS database that I want to bring into Remedy.  I
have created the Linked Servers (db are on SQL Server 2000) with no
problem
and created a view in the Remedy db using the following

create view dbo.smstestview as
select MachineID AS MachineID_SMS, Domain AS Domain_SMS, Name AS
Name_SMS,
SiteID AS SiteID_SMS from CGTSSMSM0001.SMS_UIT.dbo.Remedy_Test_View

If I return rows from this newly created view in the remedy dB, I see
all
the data and columns. which is great.

So now, into the Remedy Administrator tool and Create a new View Form.
enter the View Name and hit the Load button.  I am then returned only
one
column from the view that I can select and this column is the Primary
Key.

If I select it and save the view form and then go into the Remedy User
Tool
and search on the new View Form, I see all the rows returned with just
that
one primary key field showing. So far so good-ish.... If I then try and
go
back to the View Form in the Admin tool and add another field, mapped to

another column in the view and then save the Form, I get the error
message
stating
"Cannot Create or Modify a data field without specifying a corresponding

DB
columnname. Please specify a valid DB column name (ARERR 2988)"

I know the column is correct. Permissions seem ok too.  So why cant I
see
those other columns and select them when creating the View Form?

I have even created a Display Only field on my view form and written an
AL
that fires some Direct SQL to perform a select statement on the view and

this works ! So permission dont seem to be the issue.

Please can anyone shed any light on this.

_______

Private and confidential as detailed <a
href="http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail";>here</a>.  If you cannot
access hyperlink, please e-mail sender.