I'm having issues making some CMDB updates.

Environment:

Windows 2003 Standard SP2

MS SQL Server 2005 SP2

AR System 7.0.01 patch 001

BMC Remedy AM 6.0

Whenever I try and make a class manager change, it errors out with:

11/20/2007 8:11:05 AM Remedy Application Service

ERROR: 623 Authentication failed

I've attempted to update the password for the application service
through the admin tool with no effect. I've also attempted to remove the
password from the config file, which simply results in the above error
appearing in the arerror log instead of in the class manager. The
password for the application service doesn't seem to appear anywhere
else in the system and the documentation is rather light on what exactly
it is used for. Has anyone seen this before or know of a possible
work-around?

Thanks,

Roy

//SIGNED//

Roy Ashcraft

Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)

Application Engineer

Tel: (402) 293-5218   [EMAIL PROTECTED]