Hello everyone:

CMDB 2.X
ITSM 7.0.2

(But I'm sure the above is probably evident in any CMDB/ITSM supported
combination)

I wanted to solicit any feedback from the list regarding a feature that I
thought would be available, but it turns out that it isn't.

The feature is this.  As you may or may not know, each Class in the CMDB has
a PEOPLE tab on which you can build relationships between the CI and
people/groups.  One of the "roles" that you can specify between the
people/group that you choose and the CI is the "Approved By" role.  (Other
roles are "Owned By", "Used By", "Supported By", etc.).  So, I could have a
server in the BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class (Server XYZ) that has a
relationship to a group called "Server Support Group A" with  role specified
as "Approved By".

Now, let's say I create a change request and associate this server (Server
XYZ) to the change request.  You would think that since this server has a
group specified in the "Approved By" role on the people tab, that this group
would automatically be specified as an "Approver" to approve the change
(Server Support Group A should be added as an approver).  However, out of
the box, the Change Management application and Approval Engine do not
perform this function (and this was confirmed by BMC Support).

My point is this.... WHY have an "Approved By" role in the CMDB for a CI
when it isn't integrated in any fashion to Change Management?  Has anyone
else stumbled across this and/or have you customized the approval engine to
handle this?

Any help/assistance/feedback would be appreciated.

Terry