Hi folks,

I have a problem with sorting the tree view.

I have a tree view like this:

Tree View
   |_A-Test
   |         |
   |         _Item1
   |         |
   |         _Item2

   _B-Test
   |          |
   |          _Item3

   _D-Test

I want the D-Test, to be where A Test is, i.e. on the top of the tree,
just below the root.

I was trying to solve this by adding a field Order, to the form that
the tree view is based on and sorting the form by Order. The tree view
however is ignoring the sorting on that form. The funny thing is that
in the tree view you have to make a column visible, to use it in the
sort options and I certainly can't add the order column to my tree,
just to sort by it. I'm not quite sure, why it doesn't work the way
the table field does, where I can sort by hidden columns. Also, did
you notice, that when you add a sort column to the tree, then the
hidden setting is ignored? You can't hide a visible column in a tree
and you can't sort by hidden columns. It's a bit painful if you ask
me.
Anyway, can someone help out with a hack or an idea how to sort a tree
view to get my D.Test to the top of my tree?

Best Regards,

Mark Milke