-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Notifications in ITSM 7 - part 1- disable a message or
modify trigger conditions for some or all users

Colin,
Modifying notification text is rather easy. Just modify the right record
on form "SYS:NotificationMessages". No filter to deal with.

To find the right record to modify, you can use some of the techniques
from the original post.

It gets tricky if the field you are trying to add is not on the fields'
menus on the record. If that's what you see, I can send you more info to
handle the situation.

I have been tied up with work/personal things. I will post other parts
shortly.

PS: about T. Dee's earlier comment that:
[start quote]
"I found out from Remedy today that if you create a custom notification
from the People Form and then you shut it off in the SYS:Notification
Messages it will still fire.  I find this very odd, but it is working as
designed."
[end quote]

If you disable the records on both forms, corresponding messages should
be disabled. With support-staff directed messages (as opposed to
requester directed), code ignores status on one of the forms. System

There's also the NTE:CFG-Notification Events form to complicate the
matter. What I wrote in "part 1" should stil be true, but is not the
whole story. I will post a revised "part 1".

------------
from: Chapman, Colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
reply-to: arslist@arslist.org,
date: Nov 27, 2007 5:10 PM
subjectRe: Notifications in ITSM 7 - part 1- disable a message or modify
trigger conditions for some or all users

Rabi, this is great, thanks

Are you ready to post how to modify a notification in
ITSM7 - or anyone
else ?
I found the docs that have been mentioned on the list, but none say
exactly what forms & workflow to change in ITSM7 (SERVICE DESK 7).

For example, I am currently needing to add the Customer Phone Number to
the Assignment Notification in ServiceDesk 7.01 patch 3.

I think I can figure it out, but if someone else has already made such a
modification and documented the steps, including the names of the
filters modified, then that will save me time.

TIA