-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:58 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: On-the-fly permissions in Attachment field

Dwayne,

I would think that a Join of A and B would be a better option than
using read-only/read-write display properties of the client. ( That by
the way: the display property is not a real security feature.) The
join could inherit the Assignee from Form B as the Assignee for the
join and the "Assignee" group could be granted change access to the
field.

( Hope that makes sense. Hope that Helps)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Nov 28, 2007 3:05 PM, Dwayne Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We have a Form A with Attachment fields.
>
> Form B is a sub-file to Form A.
>
> We want anyone who is an Assignee in a Form B subfile entry, to be able to
add/change/delete attachments in Form A.

> You could make an ordinary field read-only, then On Display, you could
check to see if the User was in the subfile, and if so, make the field
read-write.  But I don't see any way of making Attachments read-only.

> Any suggestions?
>
> (ARS 7.1, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)
>
> Dwayne Martin
> James Madison University

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org