First one was used by a project team. An item was changed out on the telecom
switch complete with software update. On a selectable basis (nightly,
weekly, monthly) the switch was polled and a download made overnight.

This was then visible the next working day.

We had around 120,000 - 150,000 individual CI's and components
(Shelves/Cards/Ports etc) and it was very successful in terms of asset
identification. Within the first operational month we had increased our bill
by £60,000 ($120,000) over the duration of the contract remainder.

Remedy would call a C program which was controlled by a script (which was
modifiable by Remedy prior to the run) that downloaded the switch configs to
csv files, arimport into remedy.

This has since been replaced by XML calls to some extent.

The second one I am currently building, it will be used by everyone in time,
currently just the data engineers.

Thanks

Chris