-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Notifications in ITSM 7 - part 1- disable a message or
modify trigger conditions for some or all users

Colin:
To add a new field to notification message text...one that is not
already available on the menus on the "SYS:Notification Messages" form's
fields, follow these steps (object names I have included apply for
adding a field from HPD:Help Desk form, i.e.
Incidents):

1)Add a record for the field on form "SYS:Form Field Selections". See
existing records for detail.

2)Add the field on following backend forms, so the field's value can be
held during notification workflow processing NTE:SYS-NT Process Control
NTE:SYS-Group NT Control NTE:SYS-Individual NT Control

3)Update the filter that replaces any placeholders for the field in the
message template with actual value for the field from the ticket. One of
these filters:
NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageCommon_090
NTE:SHR:TranslateNotificationMessageINC3_102

4)Modify filters on backend notification forms as well as the source
(ticket) form so the values are carried forward as the notification
workflow continues from form to form.
INT:FNDHPD:NPC:GetINCData_020
NTE:NTG:NoOnCall_260_Indiv-PNPC
HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator_899_PNPC`!
NTE:NTG:SetFieldsfromNPC_030 (no need to modify, just take a look)
NTE:NPC:CreateNTRecord_180_PNTI NTE:NTG:CreateNTRecord_180_PNTI`! (no
need to modify, just take a look)

Given the nature of the code involved, a thorough testing of you
modifications would include:
-a message that goes out to requester
-a message that goes out to a single support staff -a message that goes
out to an entire group, not flagged on-call -a message that goes out to
an on-call group

HTH.

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

=== message truncated ===