BMC Remedy documentation for ARS 7.0.1 provides whitepaper Automatically Restarting the AR System Server on Memory Threshold Using AutoRestartARS dated October 2006.

But the AutoRestartARS application mentioned (both Windows and Unix references), I cannot locate anywhere. (Since ARSLIST doesn't have any posts for searches on this keyword, here it is.)

I finally opened a ticket with BMC Remedy support so if I get an answer, I'll post it here.

There is a similar whitepaper under the Flashboards 7.0.1 documentation. I haven't installed FB yet so maybe it is provided in that package? Only there isn't a mention anywhere that that is where it can be found.

I also searched the BMC Developers Network with no luck, thinking it was a utility. The BMC Remedy KB only points to the whitepaper.

Development:
Solaris 9
ARS 7.0.1 patch 5
Oracle 9i
Help Desk 5.5.1
Mid Tier 6.3

Have a good evening. ann
A. R. Kosch
Special Projects/Analyst
Remedy ARS Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
785-532-4933
Kansas State University
Computing and Telecommunications Services