I think there is some basic functionality in ARS but it really gets beefed
up in ITSM 7, and I think some more in ARS 7.1.0.  There's no reason a smart
guy couldn't build himself what Remedy built on those platforms, so you
wouldn't need to install ITSM 7 to get the functionality contained therein.

Rick