Do a STRSTR command to find the first period this?provides a numeric value that
you can use to do a SUBSTR action. You will need a new field to hold the
variable an Active Link Guide and two Active Links.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joran, Peter P, CTR, OSD-CIO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:00 am
Subject: How to partially mask a field

All

I need to mask the first two octets of our IP addresses. It gets a little
complicated as an IP address length varies. For example an
IP address could be 1.1.1.1 or 123.123.123.123. Is there a way to do a SUBSTR
type of function that can start after the second "."?
I'm trying to avoid reformatting the address to eventually get what I want.

Then again if I'm going about this the wrong way I'm open to thoughts.

Best Regards
Pete

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003