-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Uday Joshi
Sent: 11 December 2007 06:01
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Backing Remedy instance for disaster recovery

Hi Ravi,

The disaster recovery has many aspects which basically revolves around
the amount of damage you can sustain.

In the ascending order of permissible damage, various methods can be
1) If you don't want to loose even few seconds of data then you need to
employ high availability techniques
2) The daily back up of the database and the "ARSystem" file system and
frequent backup of transaction log will help you to reinstate up to the
last transaction log backup.
3) Any backup with a lesser frequency will help only to revive the
application and not data.

Hope this gives the idea how you can plan your disaster recovery.

Best Regards,

Uday Joshi