Actually this can be done with an "unsupported" plugin that BMC made.
It is basically a C API plugin that runs a JVM and gives you access to
a beanshell universe that maps to arrays(one in and one out) of the
beanshell world and into the ARS Plugin framework.

However the plugin comes with two forms and some sample java
(beenshell) scripts too.

I think I have posted the URLS before....

AR System Filter Scripting Plugin
http://developer.bmc.com/jiveProd/entry.jspa?externalID=1045&categoryID=507
 (But this looks like an older version and is windows only(WT?)...
"Tested on Windows 2000, AR System Server 5.1.2 and 6.0.")

AR System Scripting Plug-In for Java
 http://developer.bmc.com/jiveProd/entry.jspa?externalID=992&categoryID=507

And if you need/want a Perl interface...

arfperl
http://developer.bmc.com/jiveProd/entry.jspa?externalID=1181&categoryID=507

--
Carey Matthew Black