Date:    Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:40:02 -0600
From:    James Van Sickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Video Display issues with Remedy User

Fellow ARSListers

      I am using Remedy User 6.03 Patch 20 accessing an ARS Server 6.03
Patch 20 server.  My workstation is using Windows XP Pro for an OS.  The
following problem appears to happen inconsistently, but has happened on
multiple workstations.  When a user is switching between Remedy User and
another program, the screen does not fresh the Remedy User window as it
should.  Often this causes either a blank screen or just the green
background of the Remedy form opened to be shown.  Minimizing and restoring
the Remedy User window causes the screen to refresh and show the form
normally.  Dragging a non-maximized Remedy User window out of view below
the screen and back up into view also causes the form to refresh.  This
appears to happen when I have two programs open or over a dozen programs
open with no consistency.  None of the other programs running at the time
this occurs or afterwards show any signs of the same issue.

My video settings on the first workstation to have this problem appear are:

Desktop: HP xw6400 Workstation
Plug & Play Monitor
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 128 MB Adapter
1600x1200 pixels
32-bit color quality
96 Normal Size DPI setting
60 Hertz Screen Refresh Rate

Video settings for the second device experiencing this problem:

Laptop: Compaq nc6400
ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 Adapter
1024x600 pixels
32 bit color quality
96 Normal Size DPI setting
60 Hertz Screen Refresh Rate

      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on this issue.  The only
display issues I have run into in the past is when users have Large Fonts
enabled on their display settings.  Both systems are using small fonts so I
am at a loss as to what is causing this issue.  Thank you for your time.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic16439.gif)Countrywide

James Van Sickle
Remedy Developer II
IT - Enterprise Change & Config

 972-696-5779 Office  1000 Coit Road