Hi Tim,
Thanks for quick reply.

I am using Eclipse IDE and through its "Import" utility i have added external
jars to the classpath.

I have all of the following jars in my classpath, This is for ARS 7.1

commons-logging-1.1.jar;commons-configuration-1.3.jar;commons-beanutils.jar;
commons-codec-1.3.jar;commons-collections-3.2.jar;commons-digester-1.7.jar;
commons-lang-2.2.jar;log4j-1.2.8.jar;arapi71.jar;

and now i am seeing this error

com/bmc/arsys/utils/CatalogReader
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.Config.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.Config.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.Config.getInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.startRecording(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.do(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.createEntry(Unknown Source)
        at CreateEntry.main(CreateEntry.java:27)

Thanks for your time.

Chintan.

Tim Widowfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You can see by the exception that the
class, org/apache/commons/configuration/ConfigurationException, is missing from
your CLASSPATH.  If you look around, you'll find places on the web that will
identify what jars contain which classes.  In your case, I believe the jar in
question is:  commons-configuration-1.5.jar (or whichever version you happen to
have).

I'm not sure what you mean by "imported the arsapi71.jar."  You might want to
look into some free Java tutorials on the web.

--Tim

I am trying to do a "CreateEntry" through API and getting this error message.

I have imported the arsapi71.jar

org/apache/commons/configuration/ConfigurationException

    at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.startRecording(Unknown Source)

    at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.do(Unknown Source)

    at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.createEntry(Unknown Source)

    at CreateEntry.main(CreateEntry.java:27)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chintan

Be a better friend, newshound, and  know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it
now. __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___