-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Collins
Sent: Thursday, 17 January 2008 1:56 p.m.
To: ARSList
Subject: Force Users to Use Update Button

I have a form, that has a status field.  It gets updated by a button
that pulls up a menu of status.  People keep free forming in the
status field which screws up the status etc.,  I changed the
permissions of the field but that does not allow the users to update
with the update button.  My other thought was to run an active link
that triggers an error on gain focus.  Which works, however, i am not
sure it is the correct method.  I just do not want to see in my status
field  missppelled statuses like Klosed or ClOsed  or whatever, any
helpful hints?

James

_______