hi folks, i am here again with another dilemma...

i am working on an enhancement that requires at least a CI related to
a Change Request before it can be submitted.

i used the field "z1D Char23" for my flag (i didn't want to add
another field just to use for flag) if CI is found to be related to
that CRQ prior to submission and created an active link guide that
loops through table field "z2TH_Assoc_Association" and sets ""z1D
Char23" to "Y" if found and "N" if not. of course i initialized the
flag field to "N" prior to the table loop guide. when the routine is
done, i set the flag field again to $NULL$ in case there are other
workflows using this field.

when i submit the CRQ for the first time, it looks like it's working.
it prompts me if there is no CI related yet and vice versa. however
when i search for the CRQ i just made and try to update it, unless i
click on the Relationships tab (i suppose it refreshes the
Relationships table field), i will keep getting prompted that there is
no CI related to the CRQ yet even if there is already!

i don't have any idea why the active link guide will not loop through
the table field and check if CI is already related to the CRQ unless i
click on the Relationships tab.

or does anyone have other suggestions on how to accomplish the check
instead?