Frank,

Upgrade to v7.1 and use a Data Visualization Field. ( It is designed
to do what you are after... and then some.)

However.. in v6.3... the only thing I can think of (that would work on
the User Tool and the Mid-Tier) would be to have the process be more
like this...

a) Build HTML table.
b) User clicks on table and the HTML makes calls to a back end DB to
submit a record.
  (-- think ajax/javascript post...etc..)
c) User then clicks on an "ARS button" (not in the html field) and
Active links look at an ARS view form that is pointed at the results
submitted by the HTML link click. Then does the right thing.

If you could deal with a solution only for the Mid-Tier then in v6.3
you might be fancy enough to work out a Javascript solution to avoid
step c for the user. But I do not know how to do it with the User
Tool.

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black