I get the error "Report Error - Failed to perform Action"  I have the
7.0.1 Patch 005 Mid Tier Client on a Windows 2003 server.  Works like a
charm in the User Tool, but not in Mid tier for some reason.

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lammey, Peter A.
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:29 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help - Cant run AR System Style report on Remedy 7.01 Mid Tier
client

**

We rolled out the Remedy 7.01 AR System and ITSM 7.02 applications this
Sunday.  Among the issues that are being reported following our
production rollout was the fact that Incident tickets, change tickets
(CRQ tickets), and Task tickets (TAS records) cannot be printed out from
the web using the "Print Ticket" button on the either the HPD:Help Desk,
CHG:Infrastructure Change, or TMS:Task form.  Further investigation
showed that the reason is that the Print Ticket reports in ITSM 7 are in
fact Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports cant be run from the web unless
Crystal Enterprise 11 (or Business Objects 11 server) needs to be setup
with a Remedy ODBC driver and connected to the Remedy Mid Tier.

Since that route entails days and days of work with other teams, I went
the route of changing the code that runs on the Print Ticket button and
created a AR System style report to use for this button.

The new AR System style of the report works on the Remedy user client
but when I attempt to run it from the web using Mid Tier 7.01 patch 005
I receive a strange pop up window for the report with just the
following:

Index: 34, Size: 34

I cant get the report to show basically as I would expect.  All my
efforts to correct this have not been successful.

Can you anyone help with this?  I have users all over that are reporting
this and all I can tell them now is to run it from the Remedy user
client but many users are very dependant on using the web.

Thanks
Peter Lammey
ESPN MIT Technical Services & Applications Management
860-766-4761

html___