Hi Listers,

I wonder if someone out here has done this before:

We need to switch ARSystem application server connection from the local
SQL Server to Oracle dB running on the remote box.
To accomplish this we've done the following:
- installed Oracle client on the w2003 sever that hosts ARS
- added environment variables:
        ORACLE_HOME
        TWO_TASK
        TNS_ADMIN
        ORACLE_SID
-added ORACLE_HOME\bin directory path to the PATH variable
-modified ar.cfg file by removing SQL references and adding Oracle
references as following:
        Db-Character-Set: UTF-8
        Dbhome-directory: =path to local Oracle_Home
        Oracle-SID: =dB instance name
        Oracle-Two-Task: =dB instance name

I can tnsping Oracle dB from the application server that hosts ARS as
well as SQLPlus Oracle dB directly from the ARS box, however, can't
start the ARSystem process - getting error 551 "Cannot initialize
contact with SQL database (ARERR 551)"
Something is definitely missing, but can't figure out exactly what is
it.

Environment:
Windows Server 2003
Oracle 10g Unicode