-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 2:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Dropping URLs and ARTasks from Requester notifications

Question for those of you who have plumbed the sewer of the ITSM 7
notification engine (and lived to tell the tale):

My customers are brought in to CTM:People from LDAP and authenticate via
AREA, and have a login name so they also have a User record.  The
customer notifications going out look like this and include an ARTask
==================
http://arsweb7.ars.unt.edu:8080/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3
aNotifier&server=remedy7.ars.unt.edu&eid=NTS000000000030
Dear Christopher Strauss,

We are pleased to inform you that your reported Incident has been added
to the Service Desk.  Your assigned Reference Number is INC000000000010.
This number should be retained for reference purposes.

Reference No.: INC000000000010

Please do not hesitate to contact the Service Desk should there be any
further questions or inquiries regarding your Incident.  Please quote
your assigned Reference Number.

Yours sincerely,

Service Desk
=================

When I questioned BMC about why customers would get URLs to the Incident
(which they cannot properly access anyway unless I give them rights that
they are NOT going to get) they said "as designed," of course.  Looking
at the filters NTE:NTS:Email_200_SystemNT and
NTE:NTS:Email_200_Customer-NT it looks like they designed this to send
out customer notifications (no Incident URL and no ARTask) ONLY if the
customer has no Remedy Login ID; if they have a Login ID, they get
treated like Support Staff!  Without dwelling on the rationale
underlying this "design," is this the actual point where I can "fix" the
problem by subverting the Customer-NT filter to fire on something like
Support Staff = No instead of Remedy Login ID = NULL??  Can it really be
that simple?

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/